Verizon Offering Naked DSL in Northeast...

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 08:22:58 UTC 2005

> .... PPPoEoL2TPoIPSECoLANEoIPV6oRFC1149.....
What a bunch of mean nasty ugly stuff.
My Sonic.net connection is simply rfc1483 (IP packets on an ATM PVC
with a standard SNAP header), and I think that's probably what SBC is
delivering them.
AT&T's business SDSL and IDSL circuits also work that way, and I think
our business ADSL does too (definitely over Covad, but there may be
some locations we can't get that); I don't know what the AT&T Consumer
folks do, but it's nice to have a design that Just Works, and that
leaves the IP issues to the ISP and doesn't have the ILEC/CLEC messing
with MTU sizes for no good reason.
                  Bill