Slashdot: Providers Ignoring DNS TTL?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Apr 23 04:21:02 UTC 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:

> I don't know of any HTTP servers that do anycast.  But their
> failure to
> take account of PPLB doesn't change anything. IF they are
> anycasting under
> false assumptions, they'll have problems, too.

Been happening for many years.  How do you think the original
Boardwatch / Keynote speed tests were gamed?  If you have any real
experience on the Internet, you are well acquainted with anycast web
servers.

Okie, I give up.  You clearly have no idea what you are actually
talking about, so talk away, no one is listening.  I started talking
to you 'cause I was having a bad day and it's fun to feed the troll.
It's not fun any more, and I'm sure others are tired of the thread.

One last comment (although I doubt you will understand): Reality
trumps... well, you.

--
TTFN,
patrick