Getting a BGP table in to a lab

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Thu Apr 21 21:56:23 UTC 2005

Nathan Ward wrote:

>I'm trying to come up with a way to get a full BGP routing table in to
>my lab.
>I'm not really fussed about keeping it up to date, so a snapshot is fine.
>At the moment, I'm thinking about spending a few hours hacking together
>a BGP daemon in perl to peer with and record a table from a production
>router, disconnect, and then start peering with lab routers.
>
>Am I reinventing a wheel here?

So, I'm going to throw some code together and I'll let the list know
where it can be found..
The point here is that I want full tables in my lab without having to
keep peering sessions up with my production network.

As a side note, It seems strange, yet somehow very fitting, that I was
automatically assumed to not be a network operator, on a "network
operators" list..

--
Nathan Ward