Service providers that NAT their whole network?

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Wed Apr 20 01:13:28 UTC 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> That makes very little sense to me since the smaller providers can get
> a /22 directly from ARIN.

Sometimes resources that are come from a regional registry are not
welcomed by a national operator. This can go for AS numbers as well as
addresses. And sometimes a national operator is the only way out.

I doubt that this becoming more common; sadly, it's probably not
becoming less common either.

TV