Ameritrade warns 200,000 clients of lost data

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Tue Apr 19 19:44:28 UTC 2005

 	"A total of four backup tapes were found to be missing from a box
that was damaged during shipping between two facilities, the company said.
Three of the four tapes have been recovered at the shipper's facility.

So, who else thinks that this is some sort of criminal negligence, puting
that kind of sensitive information in such a risky position?

I think that these conpanies (lexis nexis, ameritrade, whoever) should be
held *criminally* liable for things like this.

How long until something like the social security administration has an
announcement like this? Or, Experian? Transunion? D&B?

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net