Qwest protests SBC-AT&T merger as harmful to competition

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Apr 19 18:22:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> Do you think anyone will benefit from Verizon+MCI? After this merger, the
> incumbent ILEC in a huge market area will also own the only real CAP
> (remember Brooks and MFS?). Isn't it bizarre that it is possible that a
> regulated LEC will also own an unregulated CAP, which currently competes
> (vigorously, I might add) with the LEC?
>
> Do you think anyone will benefit from ATT+SBC?
>
> Both mergers stink to high heaven. And we can probably rest assured that the
> FCC does not have the consumers' best interest in mind.

I entirely agree with you.

But don't you think its a little bizaire how they know talk about this
big and scarry monopoly after loosing bid for MCI themselve? Or do you
really think we'd have been any better of if it was Qwest (another ILEC
BTW) that bought MCI instead?

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks