Qwest protests SBC-AT&T merger as harmful to competition

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Tue Apr 19 18:05:02 UTC 2005

That may be, but they are right.

Do you think anyone will benefit from Verizon+MCI? After this merger, the
incumbent ILEC in a huge market area will also own the only real CAP
(remember Brooks and MFS?). Isn't it bizarre that it is possible that a
regulated LEC will also own an unregulated CAP, which currently competes
(vigorously, I might add) with the LEC?

Do you think anyone will benefit from ATT+SBC?

Both mergers stink to high heaven. And we can probably rest assured that
the FCC does not have the consumers' best interest in mind.

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net