Verizon Offering Naked DSL in Northeast...

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Mon Apr 18 23:14:01 UTC 2005

Andy Johnson wrote:

> My speculation is that their billing/accounting system is based on a
> POTs number, and since these customers will not need one, they will have
> administrative errors managing accounts.

Yeahbut.

SBC was happy to assign me something that looks like a phone number, but
wasn't, so I could make monthly payments on a Yellow Pages ad a few years ago.
I was in area code 216, and the account number was 216 R01 XXX YYYY (I forget
what the rest of it was).

So I'm not buying that argument. ;)

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol at JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

     --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"