Verizon Offering Naked DSL in Northeast...

Andy Johnson andyjohnson at ij.net
Mon Apr 18 21:08:51 UTC 2005

Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> What possible technical issue could exist that to don't have to wire the
> dslam to a pots splitter?
>
> Actually, even if they did wire it to a pots splitter, and there was no
> pots line present, it'd still work.

My speculation is that their billing/accounting system is based on a
POTs number, and since these customers will not need one, they will have
administrative errors managing accounts.

	Since VZ is doing their FTTP rollout, I imagine they have been tying
new customers to Physical Addresses now instead, moving away from the
old POTS based system. Again, all speculation based on how I see the
DSL/FTTP order process taking place now.