OpenTransit (france telecom) depeers cogent

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 18 06:42:23 UTC 2005

John van Oppen wrote:
> All,
>

> Here is an output of show ip bgp regexp _5511_ on my cogent facing router (ie with a full cogent feed)...    Most of the prefixes with best paths that are not through cogent don't exist in my cogent route feed at all (even via a non FT path).   It looks like things are still a bit wonky.
>
> http://as23265.net/cogent.txt
>
> Thanks,
> John van Oppen
> PocketiNet Communications
> AS23265

I am seeing wonkiness too.  I have a default-free router peering
exclusively with AS174 that's not seeing routes for hosts in rain.fr and
francetelecom.com, and traces to those hosts die two hops into AS174.
The same hosts are reachable via level3 and their traces go through on
our routers that have multiple peerings.

Note that the authoritative nameservers for francetelecom.com are in
rain.fr and are not reachable via an exclusive cogent path.  Hence, I am
not able to even get DNS resolution on the cogent-only path.

michael