BCP for ISP to block worms at PEs and NAS

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Apr 18 02:48:45 UTC 2005

> interesting... everytime we have filtered in the core we've gotten
> complaints, I believe many folks filtered/rate-limited in their cores for
> welchia/nachia and got bunches of complaints about it as well... Hrm,
> maybe all of these folks are just grumpy-geeks?

i suspect that the remaining small dial-up and other local consumer
providers have customer bases who just want their mtv.  larger isps
and big backbone isps have customer bases with wider usage patterns,
and hence become quite unhappy when all they can get is mtv and 500
channels of home shopping.

and the customers of the former who don't like partial service, have
enough clue to quickly migrate to the latter.

celebrate diversity (aka i wish all my competitors did that:-)

randy