Topics for NANOG 34

Steve Feldman feldman at twincreeks.net
Sun Apr 17 07:14:43 UTC 2005

Greetings - here are the topics we've lined up so far for Seattle.  Keep
an eye out as we post additional talks:

	http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0505/topics.html

Also, just a quick reminder that the registration fee goes up $50 on
Monday, April 25, and our hotel room block rate expires on April 27.

TUTORIALS
---------
  -  Challenges in Network Security Protocols
     Level: Introductory
        Radia Perlman, Sun

  -  Bridges, Routers, Switches, Oh My!
     Level: Introductory
        Radia Perlman, Sun

  -  Best Practices for Determining the Traffic Matrix in IP Networks
     Level: Intermediate
        Thomas Telkamp, Cariden

  -  BGP Techniques for Service Providers
     Level: Introductory/Intermediate
        Philip Smith, Cisco

SUNDAY EVENING COMMUNITY MEETING
-------------------------------
  - A follow-up to our meeting in Las Vegas (see
    http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0505/coordination.html). Please join us!

GENERAL SESSION
---------------
  -  DNS Anycast Stability
        Daniel Karrenberg, RIPE

  -  Design Decisions and Architecture Analysis of a Global 10G Backbone
     (We Do it, so You Don't Have To)
        Vijay Gill, Time Warner

  -  Securing Carrier VoIP: Session Border Control
        Hadriel Kaplan, Avici

  -  Anatomy of a Leak: AS9121 (or, "How We Learned To Start Worrying and
     Hate Maximum Prefix Limits")
        Alin C. Popescu, Brian J. Premore, and Todd Underwood, Renesys

  -  Building Nameserver Clusters with Free Software
        Joe Abley, ISC

  -  Trust Reflection: A Distributed Approach to PGP Key Signing at
     Multi-Day Events
        Joe Abley, ISC

  -  Anycast Measurements Used to Highlight Routing Instabilities
        Peter Boothe; Randy Bush, IIJ

  -  Beyond 10 Gigabit Ethernet
        Neena Pemmaraju, Force10

  -  Internet Mini-Cores: Local Communications in the Internet's "Spur"
     Regions
        Steve Gibbard, PCH

  -  The Spoofer Project: Inferring the Extent of Internet Source Address
     Filtering on the Internet
        Robert Beverly, MIT

  -  Network-Wide Inter-Domain Routing Policies: Design and Realization
        Olaf Maennel, RIPE; Anja Feldmann and Christian Reiser,
        Technical University Munich; Ruediger Volk and Hagen Boehm,
        Deutsche Telekom

BOFS
----
  -  ISP Security and NSP-SEC BOF IX