New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

Brandon Ross bross at internap.com
Fri Apr 15 13:42:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Jeff Cole wrote:

> Brandon Ross wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Sean Donelan wrote:
>>> Its called DHCP/PPP, both will auto-magically configure the correct DNS
>> Which doesn't work very well when your provider cannot keep a DNS server up
>> for 10 minutes at a time.  See the beginning of this thread.
>
> Run bind locally on your laptop.

I already do that.  I wasn't referring to myself, I was referring to other
users who might not have the skills or interest in running their own DNS
daemons.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
Director, Network Engineering                             ICQ:  2269442