AUP for NANOG?

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Thu Apr 14 18:48:56 UTC 2005

[ SNIP ]

> Having been moderated myself in this past week, I'm glad to see that
> people have one, gotten past any trepidation of posting, and
> two, that the
> new moderation crew is getting up to speed.

The issue is finding the comfort zone for both sides of a
contentious issue and we're making progress.

We're never going to be able to stop people from posting off
topic. What we will do is ask for cooperation and if we can't
get that cooperation, we will look at each issue on a case by
case basis and deal with it using the AUP for guidance. In
addition to our active administrative role, it can't hurt to
occasionally use the "D" key or write a procmail filter.

I'd like to move the conversation over to nanog-reform at nanog.org
since that seems like more suitable place to go back and forth
on list operation and administrivia.

Regards,

-M<