New Outage Hits Comcast Subscribers

Niels Bakker niels=nanog at bakker.net
Thu Apr 14 12:46:30 UTC 2005

* Michael.Dillon at radianz.com (Michael.Dillon at radianz.com) [Thu 14 Apr 2005, 12:03 CEST]:
> Are you suggesting that network operators should supply
> their customers with recursive DNS services by operating
> DNS servers on their network which share the same anycast
> addresses as the recursive DNS servers on other networks?
>
> Or are you suggesting that a network operator should set
> up anycast internal to their network so that all of their
> recursive DNS servers share the same IP address?
>
> I'd like to hear some more detail on this.

Michael, put down the crackpipe already, will you?  *Of course* the
previous (unattributed) poster was not talking about hijacking other
people's address space, but suggested that it's a good idea to not make
your entire customer base reliant on two puny servers somewhere.

I find this obvious.

	-- Niels.

--
                              The idle mind is the devil's playground