Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Mon Apr 11 20:13:36 UTC 2005

just me <matt at snark.net> wrote:

> My apologies. Apparently I was mistaken when I thought that other
> network operators might be interested in saving themselves the time
> and money of buying a broken piece of network equipment, which the
> manufacturer won't support.

Unless the Linksys router in question can do GigE, I'm not sure most network
operators would be interested in buying it. :)

In all seriousness, this might be better posted on a list like Jupitermedia's
isp-tech, since the membership of that list consists of a lot of consumer ISPs
that might want to advise their customers to stay away from the product in
question.

> Apparently you think that a mailing list of network operators is an
> inappropriate venue.

In this case, I do. It's a consumer product.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol at JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"