Dear Linksys: Your broken WET54GS5 makes me sad.

just me matt at snark.net
Mon Apr 11 18:43:59 UTC 2005

yeah, I agree. this is one of the cases where they "suck more" and I
hoped that folks would be able to use the info to make an educated
guess as to who might suck less.

I'm kind of crazy like that. The last time I tried to warn off
unwitting consumers, I ended up spending $50k on legal fees
defending myself. http://goldengatevw.com/

For some reason, it think its worth it, but most folks seem to think
its off topic and stupid. I give up.

matto

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Randy Bush wrote:

  > My apologies. Apparently I was mistaken when I thought that other
  > network operators might be interested in saving themselves the time
  > and money of buying a broken piece of network equipment, which the
  > manufacturer won't support.

  is there any other kind of networking equipment?  even the best
  of the vendors says "we suck less."  the internet is about
  building a scalable reliable network out of unreliable
  components.  unfortunately, most vendors seem to have taken as
  license.

  randy

              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke