SORBS Identity theft alert

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Apr 11 06:39:01 UTC 2005

See http://www.iadl.org/sorbs/sorbs-story.html

SORBS seems to be collecting a lot of sensitive information to view
listings:

Name:
Preferred Login ID:
Password:
Confirm Password:
Home Phone:
Business Phone:
Mobile Phone:
Email Address:
Company:
Autonomous Systems Number:
Security Question:
Security Answer:
Skill Level: None, I can play games though.
A little, just use them for email.
Average, familiar with them, used at home and work.
A lot, sysadmin or MCSE etc.
My Name is Charles Babbage, or Alan Turing.
Address:
Address:
Town/City:
State/County:
Zipcode/Postcode:
Country:

This detailed information could be sold to IT recruiters, used for
identity theft, password collection, or used for other mass marketing
purposes. Security questions are often used by sensitive sites such as
domain registries to authenticate users who have lost their passwords.
This is very alarming information collection.

617 344 9000