djbdns: An alternative to BIND

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Sun Apr 10 16:03:21 UTC 2005

> I need&&want rndc!

personally, i liked ndc better.  (but ndc was the last bind code i ever wrote,
so perhaps i'm only pining for better days when i wrote code rather than just
e-mail.)

> > Using bind 8 and 9 but still looking for something better,
>
> Doing that too, we could as well just kill ourselves if we were not ever
> looking for something better than we already have. Thats called life. ;)

speaking for ISC, our life isn't about finding something better than BIND,
but rather, making BIND better than it is.  some of you are already
helping, by sending code, paying for ISC BIND support, and/or being part of
the BIND Forum.  however, let me mix a metaphor and throw open the
gauntlet-- if you know of a way that BIND can be improved, please tell us!
(there's probably no need to cc nanog@ on such suggestions, but suit yourself.)
--
Paul Vixie