DNS cache poisoning update

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Thu Apr 7 20:43:33 UTC 2005

SANS Internet Storm Center:

"The InfoCon is currently set at yellow in response to
the DNS cache poisoning issues that we have been reporting
on for the last several days. We originally went to yellow
because we were uncertain of the mechanisms that allowed
seemingly "secure" systems to be vulnerable to this issue.
Now that we have a better handle on the mechanisms, WE
WANT TO GET THE ATTENTION OF ISPs AND ANY OTHERS WHO RUN
DNS SERVERS THAT MAY ACT AS FORWARDS FOR DOWNSTREAM
Microsoft DNS SYSTEMS. If you are running BIND, please
consider updating to Version 9. Read on for more
information..."

http://isc.sans.org/diary.php

- ferg

--