BGP Anywhere - Global Redundancy

Howard, W. Lee L.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Thu Apr 7 16:36:30 UTC 2005

If you have the same ISPs at both data centers, this will work.
All outsiders will route to one of your ISPs, who will send traffic
to the best localpref.  Until one of them loses their connection to
your primary site; then it will route traffic to the backup site,
even though, to you, the primary is online with the other ISPs.

Convergence time across the Internet in case of complete failure
could be 15 minutes, +/-5.

Lee