Blackhole Routes

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Thu Sep 30 10:01:36 UTC 2004

> There are ways to add static routes that can be blackholed. I can
> understand the utility of such routes if those are installed in my
> forwarding table. What bewilders me is why would anyone want to
> advertise "blackhole" routes using say, BGP?

Have you read the presentation from the Feb. NANOG?
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0402/morrow.html

All the presentation pages on the NANOG website have Merit's
address at the bottom so when I google for this kind of stuff
I use a query like the following to get a shortlist with
mostly relevant pages.

"4251 Plymouth Road" blackhole

--Michael Dillon