Open-Source Network Management Tools

Ben Polson bsp at bandwave.net
Wed Sep 29 20:04:36 UTC 2004

www.opennms.org has come a long way, too.

-Ben.

--
Benjamin Polson
Bandwave Internet

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog at merit.edu [mailto:owner-nanog at merit.edu]On Behalf Of Pete
Hoffswell
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:42 AM
To: Tom.Claydon at DobsonTelco.net; nanog at merit.edu
Subject: Re: Open-Source Network Management Tools

You can also look at NMIS

http://www.sins.com.au/nmis/

Pete Hoffswell                                            616-732-1101 (Grand
Rapids, x1101)
University LAN/WAN Coordinator              616-510-1198 (Mobile)
IT Services
pete.hoffswell at davenport.edu
Davenport University                                  http://www.davenport.edu

 -=-=- LAN/WAN services: http://networker.davenport.edu -=-=-

>>> "Claydon, Tom" <Tom.Claydon at DobsonTelco.net> 9/14/2004 3:47:45 PM >>>

I'm looking for open-source alternatives for network management, such as
Nagios or Big Brother. We are currently using WhatsUp Gold, and would
like to move to something more flexible (and not running on a Windows
platform). Something that has email/paging capabilities, and can process
SNMP traps would be a plus for us as well.

Recommendations?

Thanks.