10GE access switch router

Robert A. Hayden rhayden at geek.net
Wed Sep 29 15:45:44 UTC 2004

What we do is to use the "priority" setting in the 3750 to determine who
is the master.

	switch(config)#switch 1 priority 15

This will define that switch in the stack as the highest priority, then
set your next one to 14, etc etc through the stack.  That way you will
always have deterministic elections.

When you lose the switch, the next one will take over.

Robert Hayden
Unviversity of Wisconsin Madison