IPv6 support for com/net zones on October 19, 2004

Matt Larson mlarson at verisign.com
Fri Sep 24 18:10:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Matt Larson wrote:
> VeriSign will add support for accessing the com/net zones using IPv6
> transport on October 19, 2004.  On that day, AAAA records for
> a.gtld-servers.net and b.gtld-servers.net will be added to the root
> and gtld-servers.net zones.
>
> We do not anticipate any problems resulting from this change, but
> because these zones are widely used and closely watched, we want to
> let the Internet community know about the changes in advance.

A few people have asked me privately to publish the IPv6 addresses
ahead of time for reachability testing purposes, so here they are:

2001:503:a83e::2:30 (a.gtld-servers.net)
2001:503:231d::2:30 (b.gtld-servers.net)

We would welcome opportunities for IPv6 tunnels to further improve our
connectivity.  Please contact ipv6-peering at verisign.com if you're
interested.

Thanks,

Matt