Cisco moves even more to china.

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Fri Sep 24 15:28:38 UTC 2004

> Then you all need to stop purchasing from Dell, IBM, HP, Cisco, et al.
Of course. Don't purchase from DELL, purchase from ServersDirect.
Don't purchase from HP, purchase (for home) from brand-less or E-Machine.
Don't purchase from EMC, purchase from Adap. Are any idiots here, who
purchase CA Unicenter? etc...
Btw, I do not deal with Bank Of America; I deal with Patelco CU. (But I deal
with Safeway and walMart -:)).

It's not about outsourcing, through, it's about _BIG, OLD, and FAT_ brands.
Cisco was the only one who keeps going as a startup for more than 5 - 7
years; but now (few years) they behave as a _BIG, FAT and OLD brand_ (not in
everything, they still have a lot of drive).

(Compare - AX100 from AMC and FS4500 from Adaptec. Compare server frm DELL
and server from SuperMicro... Comp[are RedHat linux and SuSe linux. The same
happen with Cisco; knowing their internal athmosphere, which changed
dramatically - I should not want to work for them, no I bet on their long
life).