APNIC Privacy of customer assignment records - implementation update

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Thu Sep 23 21:56:42 UTC 2004

On 23 Sep 2004, at 16:20, Matt Ghali wrote:

> Does anyone else find this as offensive as I do?

I guess the answer is yes, but I'm interested to know why.

The proposal (which comes from APNIC members, not from APNIC staff)
concerns non-portable addresses assigned to end-users. I don't know
about anybody else, but I've never had any luck getting a response from
people in that category anyway; it's invariably the upstream ISPs who
respond (if anybody does), and there is no suggestion that their
contact details will  be able to be hidden.

So what difference will it make?

Joe