FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

Lars-Johan Liman liman at autonomica.se
Thu Sep 23 08:37:10 UTC 2004

schampeo at hesketh.com:
> Congrats. Ask your ISP for non-generic rDNS, in your domain, so I know
> where to send the abuse reports.

I did.

"Reverse *what*?"

Just to clue you in. They used to have the only two authoritative
servers for their reverse zone sitting on the same LAN with the IP#s
next to each other. Then that LAN goes out (happens from time to time)
ther is *NO* rDNS, with the obvious "lame delegation" time-outs from
servers I (as a customer of theirs) try to access. (In all fairness,
I just checked my facts, and it seems as they have recently improved
on that situation.)

Like I said, I barely trust them to move bits to my box.

> I don't mind at all. Get rDNS that provides a clue that you have a clue,
> and I'm happy as all get out to accept mail from you. Otherwise, you're
> functionally identical to fifty million spam zombies, as far as I have
> time to determine.

> Understand me? You're the /rare exception/.

I *understand* that I'm a rare exception.

The problem is that the world *won't let me* be a well functioning
exception. My ISP won't let me have my own rDNS, and "you" won't let
me use port 25 properly.

> Because that's how things are today. You're a 1-in-50-million chance,
> as far as I can tell from my mail server.

With that attitude you're never going to improve things ...

				Cheers,
				  /Liman