SF Bay Area: Email Administrator Usability Study

Kristyn Greenwood Kristyn.Greenwood at oracle.com
Wed Sep 22 23:55:42 UTC 2004

  I've been informed that the members of this list would be interested
in a usability study being conducting on the activities of Email
Administrators. If you are not an email administrator but know of
someone who might be interested please feel free to forward this message.

I am looking for email administrators in the San Francisco Bay Area and
Sacramento to participate in a usability study. We are looking for
individuals whose primary role is to administer and maintain their
organization's electronic mail system; regardless of the type of email
system administered or the tools used. Participants may be system
administrators, database administrators, network administrator as long
as 50% of their time is spent working on the electronic mail systems.

As a thank you for participating in the study, we are providing $20
Starbucks gift certificates to the participant, a $5 Starbucks gift
certificate to their manager/VP(s), and a $5 Starbucks gift certificate
to the individual who referred them. The purpose of the study is to
identify the types of tasks that email administrators typically perform,
and the tools that they use. It involves no travel as we would like to
visit email administrators at their place of work and observe a typical day.

If you are an email administrator who would like to participate, please
contact me at the address below and provide a name and phone number
where you can be reached. If you know of an email administrator who
might be interested, please forward this message to them.

Thanks for your assistance, Kristyn Greenwood
Principal Usability Engineer
kristyn.greenwood at oracle.com