FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Sep 22 16:52:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Edward B. Dreger wrote:

> AK> headers, so every SA on the way happily scores it rather
> AK> high as these RBLs sum up. What would be gained than at the
> AK> end of it?
>
> Huh?!  Either you're running { UUCP | some strange multihop
> relaying } or I'm totally confused.  You connect to your colo box
> directly.  There are no other hops along the way.

Older versions of SA, especially with custom DNSBL rules, may have had
this issue (applying DUL type DNSBL rules to IPs in every Received:
header:) but thats been fixed for some time.

Welcome to NANOST (North American Network Operaters Spam Talk).  But
seriously, anyone who has an interest in such issues ought to at least
occasionaly read spam-l or spamtools before posting to nanog about long
fixed problems in old software.