FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Sep 22 15:51:24 UTC 2004

> At 10:16 AM +0200 9/22/04, Lars-Johan Liman wrote:
>> I cannot agree to the "block port 25" line of action.
>
> You block port 25 until a customer says that they're claim to have
> setup a responsible mail submission agent and demonstrate the
> necessary clue density.

[ we have had this discussion before.  how many times are we doomed
  to have it? ]

in the north american culture, this is usually termed "guilty
until proven innocent," and generally discouraged.  perhaps we
should not deprive the customer of rights/services until they
have been shown to have abused them?

lars-johan's posting was a wonderfully eloquent plea for the
survival of the internet, as opposed to the walled-garden telco
model.

randy