FW: The worst abuse e-mail ever, sverige.net

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Sep 21 20:01:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

> Unless your connection is permenent, with a permanent static ip, you
> should not be *directly* sending out mail.  The very nature of dynamic ips
> implies that even if a single subscriber gets infected, you have no
> guarantee YOU won't wind up with that ip next.

As I said, this is DSL, which to me implies always on. Each DSLAM port
only allows one IP address, this is set statically. The customer has a
static IP address assigned to him/her, which never changes over time. No
DHCP, nothing dynamic what so ever. If you want to make yourself
unreachable to one of our customers you blacklist their IP which is always
the same. Simple.

Now, how do we make the world understand this?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se