NYSE

Alen Capalik alen at wiretapnetworks.com
Tue Sep 21 02:19:48 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:36:16AM -0700, Philip Lavine wrote:

> If I where to connect to SIAC thru a SONNET ring who's
> would it be? Is it private or public?

They use any provider (Verizon, MCI, AT&T and ConEd Comm.), however
ConED Comm. is their primary backbone provider.  So, here's how you go
about it.  You order a line (DS-1, DS-3, 100Mb/s, Gig, whatever) from
any of the providers you use (if I were you I would use either Verizon
or ConEd Comm, I can give you the number for ConEd Comm. head sales
person).  You contact SIAC, and you start the paperwork to get your
network connected into their backbone SONET.  Once you get permit
numbers, you have the provider drop a line into one of 5 data centers
around NY area, and SIAC gives you a port on one of their Juniper
Routers.  They also give you a VLAN setup requirements so you can
configure your border switch/router.  The line is owned by you.  SIAC
only gives you a port on their routers.  NOTE: NEVER ORDER ONE LINE.
ORDER TWO OR MORE LINES TO DIFFERENT SIAC DATA CENTERS.  The cost for one
port (one line) is as follows:

MRC (Monthly Reaccuring Cost): 					$4,400.00
NRC (Non-Reaccuring Cost i.e. one time fee): 	$8,800

Any line you drop at SIAC will cost you that amount, and that's on top
of the line costs from the provider.  That's it.  Hope this helps.  Like
I said it's a very long and tedious process getting the line up and
running with SIAC.  They are practically a government institution, and
they don't move too fast for anybody.

--
Alen Capalik
CTO

Tel:		(310)497-3512
Email:		alen at wiretapnetworks.com
Website: 	http://www.wiretapnetworks.com

/*
 *  Anything that is considered impossibility,
 *  will in fact occur with absolute certainty.
 */