Open-Source Network Management Tools

Chris Allermann callermann at warpdrive.net
Fri Sep 17 13:25:00 UTC 2004

Just curious, what kind of commercial/opensource software do you use for
syslog analysis and alerting?

I also run syslog-ng and have some filters written to ignore some of the
more mundane syslog messages.  Also have swatch half implemented and
semi working, but I'm looking for a cleaner, and more manageable tool
for syslog based alerting.