Email Complexes

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Tue Sep 14 22:28:56 UTC 2004

<quote who="Hosman, Ross">

> We like automating a lot of our procedures as our mail complex isn't
> staffed
> 24/7.

That's not surprising.

> Right now we have a script that monitors incoming mail sent from
> probes across the us. It monitors how long it takes the email to first hit
> the IronPort's, then how long it takes to hit the Brightmail, then how
> long
> it takes to hit the MTA's.

Reverse the wires, the rest of the internet would appreciate it.

You missed the point of my previous email.  Thousands of hours are wasted
by engineers dealing with abuse that is not insignificantly caused by
Charter.

And now "Charter" (not you, but Charter) is asking for some free accounts
so they can enhance their "mail complex."

You *are* Charter and netops *is* a two-way street, please act
accordingly.  Don't just say it isn't your department because guess what,
it's all of our departments.

-david