Upcoming NANOG & ARIN Meetings

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Sep 14 17:38:03 UTC 2004

> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:44:06 -1000
> Sender: owner-nanog at merit.edu
>

> > Can someone shed some light for me on the ARIN meetings?  I guess
> > I want to know if it worth attending?
>
> wanna watch sausage being made?  but the arin sausage factory has
> become far less scary than apnic's or ripe's, by a long shot.

I really don't have a problem with watching sausage being made. But
I've never seen Oscar Mayer make it, either.

In either case, the ARIN process is generally pretty open. They have
always been receptive to member input and, although it does have a
slight resemblance to the legislative process, it's a lot closer to
Pavetti Meats (local sausage maker in the town I grew up in) than to
Oscar Mayer.

I have always found the meet interesting and worth attending, but I'll
take the aroma of good Italian sausage if I have to make a choice. :-)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)