30 Gmail Invites

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Mon Sep 13 10:03:57 UTC 2004

> And here I thought I was the only one to seriously consider blocking
gmail
> (to and from) because of the security implications.

I find it interesting how many people are concerned with
sending email to gmail users yet are quite willing to send
email to public mailing lists that are archived and
indexed by Google.

Does anyone really believe that people will use
gmail as their one and only email account? Perhaps they
are really using it for trading DIVX encoded movies.
After all, the cost of sending a DIVX encoded movie from
one gmail.com mailbox to another gmail.com mailbox is
relatively low. What happens to your network when
this happens and instead of receiving a stream of HTML
search pages from Google, you now start receiving
huge DIVX film downloads, all from a single site!

Assuming that they aren't Akamized...

--Michael Dillon