European Nanog?

Paul G paul at rusko.us
Mon Sep 13 09:45:09 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil at DOMINO.ORG>
To: "'Nicolas DEFFAYET'" <nicolas.deffayet at ndsoftware.net>; "'Arnold
Nipper'" <arnold at nipper.de>
Cc: "'Ken Gilmour'" <ken at playersonly.com>; <nanog at merit.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 5:18 AM
Subject: RE: European Nanog?

> Too many nogs- The RIPE NCC ran a Euro Operators
> forum that was probably the most useful.

in europe, same as in the US, there is a limited number of people who are at
least peripherally interested in participating. not everyone is interested
in everything - based on nanog experiences, there are rather large
(proportionally) groups of people who are only interested in discussing
spam, gmail invites or bad analogies for example. in our case, all of this
is merged into one discussion stream. in europe, with ripe running several
more specific lists, there isn't enough traffic for an "everything goes,
including crap" forum. </imho>

paul