Verisign vs. ICANN

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Fri Sep 10 07:18:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:01:46PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> If the patent is strong enough, wouldnt some patent attorney be willing to
> defend it on a contingency basis?
>
> With the potential $$ in a patent violation judgement against verisign, I
> would think attorneys would be all over it.

Patent violation can be easily gathered, but the penalty is always based on
the lost revenue, which must be documented and validated.

In short, if you want to make money selling your patent to someone then you
must have a valid business that loses money so that your lawsuit against
them will have teeth.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek