Spammers Skirt IP Authentication Attempts

Ricardo "Rick" Gonzalez rico.gonzalez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 22:00:54 UTC 2004

Dan:

SPF, SpamAssassin, and other measures are all steps in the right
direction in making spam less of a problem than it is today.  I
applaud you for taking part in their respective forums.

What you fail to realize is that spam is a problem best stopped within
your domain of control.  According to Google, it appears as though you
have a problem with terminating spamming customers, in accordiance
with your own AUP:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ezzi+spam&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&scoring=d

What I found more alarming were this the double standards set forth by
this post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=5a29bb5.0202260613.3addb4ce%40posting.google.com&rnum=2

I'm sorry, but you aren't entitled to anything.  If you'd like to be
removed from the DNSBL's, you need to remove your offending customers.
 You can't just say "these customers are spammers, block them, don't
block anyone else" and keep collecting a check from them at the end of
the month.

"A los tontos no les dura el dinero."

---Ricardo