Spammers Skirt IP Authentication Attempts

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Wed Sep 8 17:18:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Paul Jakma wrote:

> Yes, all we need for SPF to work is for spammers to play along and
> cooperate, and we'll be able to filter out the spam they send.

doesnt matter if they do, the point is this provides a type of whitelisting for
major domains that are being abused eg phishing, and scales down so you can even
flag up fakes for minor domains

just another weapon in the arsenal and what i like is that its very low overhead
unlike some techniques, and is also managed by the domain admin

Steve