MPLS signaling

Rump Bryant rump_bryant at bah.com
Tue Sep 7 18:56:43 UTC 2004

RSVP is commonly used for LSP signaling/setup at least in one of the largest
tier one's MPLS architecture.  I'm not sure how many large ISPs use e2e QoS
enforcement (none in my experience with public IP networks).  Several use
DSCP (actually IP Precedence) at the edge (CPE to ISP edge only).  RSVP-TE
could be used if there was a need (reserving bandwidth) for e2e QoS
signaling, or alternatively perhaps Bandwidth Broker
(http://qbone.internet2.edu/bb/index.shtml) might be employed for the same
purpose.

Bryant Rump
Advanced Internetworking