Hurricane Frances telecommunication outages

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Tue Sep 7 17:23:31 UTC 2004

>Florida EOC reports 1.1 million wireline customer outages state-wide.
>30% cell phone coverage outage reported.  Coordinating communication set
<snip>

How about colo and transit?

I have a friend (and competitor in some niche hosting markets) in
South Florida who appears to have been blown off the Net (Steven
Willis deepskytech.com). I believe they are colo'ed in Ciberlynx's
facility. It appears from here that their servers are down or
unreachable, and their phones are all out.

I wonder what condition the FL colo facilities are in? Anybody know
what the situation is at Ciberlynx?

Steven, if there is anything we can do to help, let me know.
(I know I'd appreciate the same should we have a similar situation,
though here it is earthquakes and/or volcanic eruption.)
--

Chuck Goolsbee                          V.P. Technical Operations
digital.forest                      Phone: +1-877-720-0483, x2001
Bothell, WA 98011                            email: cg at forest.net