OT- need a new GSM provider

vijay gill vgill at vijaygill.com
Fri Sep 3 07:28:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 07:48:00PM -0700, Joe Rhett wrote:
> vijay gill wrote:
>
> Sorry, again YMMV but I had no trouble with this in either Taiwan or
> Singapore, when I was responsible for support in those countries, Japan and
> Korea combined.  I never saw a problem calling between any of those.
>
> Not saying it isn't so, just saying I never had this trouble me-self ;-)

While this thread is rapidly become more annoying than a rectal itch to
edward scissorhands, at the risk of continuing this some more, here is
the roaming from ATT wireless for india,

http://www.attwireless.com/international/travelguide/coverage_details.jsp?CIDL=356

Calls to international designations other than the USA are not allowed.

Lets see Malayasia

  You may not be able to place calls to international destinations other
  than United States while roaming in this country. Calls can be
  completed within the visited country and back to the United States.

Ditto Pakistan

Bangladesh

Indonesia

etc.

I am sure there are many counterexamples where it worked for you, but
I've recently as of May this year, have international calls other than
the US fail for me while on ATT while in SE Asia.

YMMV, HTH, HAND, etc etc

/vijay