OT- need a new GSM provider

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Fri Sep 3 01:06:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 04:54:48PM -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
> In my opinion GSM is really overrated and not seriously well deployed in US,
> consider CDMA providers, at least internet access would be faster
> (and typically cheaper) if you're using smartphone.

That used to be true, but has fast fallen away out here in Cali.
Motorcycle racetracks are out in the boondocks, and are often the last
places to get good cell coverage.  About a two years ago GSM phones started
having better coverage than CDMA even at those locations, at which point I
gave up and went GSM ;-)

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek