RIPE "Golden Networks" Document ID - 229/210/178

Bill Manning bmanning at karoshi.com
Thu Sep 2 16:06:12 UTC 2004

well....

RIPE is the RIR for Europe.  RIPE-229 is, from my viewpoint, arbitrary
and capricious.
the root servers are -ONE- set of interesting servers.   what about the
web sites that point
to these "important" documents?  or the time servers, or my NOC &
monitoring machines?

The idea of an Internet Registry stepping into giving routing advice is
a leap of faith.
An RIR can tell you what was delegated - but presuming to give advice
on what is important
for everyone that uses IP protocols is over the top.

so no, i don't use this document as a guideline for "golden networks".
  the advice on
dampening is important tho and it worthwhile.