IMP #1

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Wed Sep 1 23:32:24 UTC 2004

> Cc: nanog at merit.edu
> From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch at muada.com>
> Subject: Re: IMP #1
> Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 01:19:36 +0200
> To: Peter H Salus <peter at netpedant.com>
>

> On 1-sep-04, at 22:40, Peter H Salus wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow (Sept. 2) it will be 35 years since IMP #1
> > was plugged in at Len Kleinrock's lab at UCLA.
>
> > Happy Birthday!
>
> Well, one IMP does not a network make... When did they connect the
> second one?

Dunno when they connected the second one, but #10 (Univ of Utah) was
connected sometime during the academic year in 1970-71...  That's when
I was hired as a "research assistant" to implement some initial RFCs
(like FTP...)

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin