Colo & b/w in Australia

Anshuman Kanwar Anshuman.Kanwar at citrix.com
Wed Sep 1 22:11:00 UTC 2004

Thanks to all the off-list responses. Really insightful.

Short summary :

1. IP back to the US is between $300 and $700 (AU) per
month per Mbps.

2. Difficult to peer directly with the 4 big ISPs. Easier
(relatively speaking) to find multilaretal peering with
the 600-odd smaller ISPs.

3. Equinix Sydney comes highly recommended (used to be
Pihana).

I will happily mail a digest of all responses to anyone
interested in the details or horror stories.

Thanks again !