Senator Diane Feinstein Wants to know about the Benefits of P2P

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Sep 1 08:04:52 UTC 2004

In article
<992E533DBE35D11188960060083748C8044A590B at cliff.confluence.com>, Brian
Battle <nanog at confluence.com> writes
>Akamai or not, microsoft is overwhelmed by the demand for SP2, and today is
>giving the message listed below on windowsupdate:
>
>Download and install it now  - Currently not available
>We are currently experiencing a high level of demand for Windows XP Service
>Pack 2, so please check back later for availability. We apologize for any
>inconvenience. If you prefer to obtain SP2 another way, the easiest way to
>get Service Pack 2 is to turn on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP
>and it will be downloaded when you are connected to the Internet without you
>having to take any further action.
>
>So then I thought about getting it from the torrent at sp2torrent.com, but
>sadly microsoft has made them remove the torrent...

I have a solution, but it's expensive. A url for the whole 266MB
download (and not the smaller selective download that Windows Update
would provide). If anyone's that desperate, email me. I only used it
after waiting a week with the "Automatic Updates" switched on, and
nothing arriving.
--
Roland Perry