Abuse Ticketing Systems

James Baldwin jbaldwin at antinode.net
Thu Oct 28 14:12:45 UTC 2004

Are there any particularly useful ticketing systems for handling the
sorts and volume of complaints an abuse desk sees?

Currently my company has deployed Remedy internally and while it is
particularly useful in managing work requests and our noc's incident
response, it seems to be completely unsuited for our abuse desk needs.
I've been recommended to Abacus and would be interested in anyone's
experience with it. If someone has had a painless and successful
experience using Remedy to handle abuse desk ticketing I'd love to hear
a little about the overall engineering of the system to handle it.

---
James Baldwin